Dress Code on Free Dress Days
All general guidelines for dress apply on free dress days, even though school uniforms are not mandatory. Garments must be free of holes, tears, inappropriate wording, logos, messages or advertising. No short, skin-tight, or legging dresses, or skirts may be worn. All dresses must have sleeves. Students may not wear low cut, midriff-baring, or backless blouses.
Students may wear jeans, but they cannot be tight pants including jeggings, tights or skinny style pants. Clothing items must not depict images of violence. Parents will be called to bring a change of clothes or pick up a child if he or she violates the dress code.
- White, navy, blue, or black
- Footies are not allowed
- Plain/Neutral-colored lace-up shoes or loafers with close toes/heels, or athletic shoes
- Secure straps on the heel for safety
- Kept clean at all times
- Sandals, mules, "UGGs", high heels, boots, or Crocs
- Heelies (shoes with wheels)
- Illuminated or light-up
- Non-distracting hair color that is styled in a
way that is neither distracting nor
styled in a way that is neither distracting nor
(Mohawk/Fauxhawk/Designs Cut and Spiked-up) or extreme un-natural colors are not permitted.
- Clip-on jewelry (earrings, nose rings, etc.) is not
- Students may wear only 1 pair of stud earrings;
no large dangling or hoop earrings.
- Spike/gaged earrings, necklaces, bracelets are
- No facial or body piercing.
and necklaces that are not a safety hazard or a
material or substantial disruption may be worn.
Necklaces must be tucked into the uniform shirt.
(A cardigan is defined as a knitted sweater
fastening down the front, with long sleeves)
with a hood), pullovers, or sweatshirts are not
permitted to be worn inside the building. These
items must be stored in the student’s locker.
Hats, caps, bandannas, or other headwear are
not permitted indoors except in the interest of
religious practices, safety, or with the permission
of the principal.
under the school uniform shirt.
SST embroidered jackets may be worn. Students
may also have unembroidered jackets. It should
be purchased from school. The jacket must be color of navy blue or black.
- No tattoos (permanent or temporary)
- No accessories such as sunglasses
- No extreme make-up or nail color
- No wallet with chains
- All students must wear the SST School uniform
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
Public Schools requires that students follow the
following dress code guidelines. SST Public Schools
prohibits any clothing or grooming that, in the
administration’s’ judgment, may reasonably be
expected to cause disruption of, or interference
with, normal school operations.
- Properly fitting navy blue, black, or khaki
pants/slacks/Capri. Capri pants are allowed only for K-8 grades.
- Black-brown or any natural colored belt. (4-12 grades only)
- Cargo-style pants/shorts
- Yoga pants, joggers, jeggings, leggings and/or spandex
- Baggy or sag, tight-fitted
- Must be worn properly at the waist, no low waistline
- Rolled up at the legs
- Belts may not have rhinestones, wording, or designs
P.E. Uniform Policy
to wear their school uniforms during P.E. classes.
Some campuses may require the purchase of a
school PE uniform. Other campuses may require
wearing a gray t-shirt (no sleeveless shirts/tank
tops) and gray shorts (must be to the mid of the
knee level or longer) or gray sweatpants. No
spandex or tight-fitting t-shirts, shorts, sweatpants,
or slip on/ballet slipper style shoes are allowed.
Students are required to change back to their school
uniform after their P.E. class.
Some campuses may not require P.E. uniforms for
4th and 5th grades. Parents must check with
campus administration for the local school policy.
- Properly fitting navy blue, black, or khaki shorts. (K-8th grades only)
- Shorts must be to the mid of the knee or longer